Today I’d like to talk about SeaDek installation. SeaDek as most of you are aware or are learning now is a non-skid marine product that we (IBC) have been fitting on our deluxe tenders and rescue boats for a couple of years. We love how it works in the wet and use it on our personal boats as well.
So you’re a d.i.y. guy or gal and have purchased a large sheet of SeaDek from IBC to install yourself.
1. remove your floor boards from your boat
2. clean your floor boards
3. use your floor boards as a template taking care to measure off the “H” members that join them together
4. use a sharp bladed knife like a box cutter to cut your pieces
5. check the fit of each piece to it’s corresponding floor board section.
6. mark off any areas the stringers or “H” members will need clear and trim to marks
7. peel off a section of the backing paper and fold it back exposing a small area of the adhesive and fit into place (this will act as an anchor to ensure you install as straight and true as possible)
8. peel off remaining paper backing and stick to floor boards
9. press down with your hands or a roller over the entire surface to ensure good adhesion
10. re-install your floor boards
Take your time during installation and you will enjoy years of good traction and good looks.
Rember IBC offers complete design and installation of your custom SeaDek System.
IBC Designed Custom Teak SeaDek Kit for Zodiac Yachtline 380 DL above and installed below.
Zodiac Yachtline 420 DL SeaDek Installation Custom Teak Kit Pics Below
For you D.I.Y. people out there you can purchse what you need here http://www.inflatableboats.com/SeaDek-Non-Skid_c95.htm
As always we are here to help so if you have any questions give us a call (503) 235-2628 and see what makes IBC #1 in the World for Sales Service And Repair of inflatable boats.