So you paid your money and got your boat and now you’re ready to venture out. First you have to unbox and assemble it but, “Where do I start?” you ask.
2. Open The Box
3. Unpack and inspect your contents, you should have a boat, foot pump, oars, oar locks, a bag, 1 seat bench, 2 stringers, floorboards, patch kit. Most of the small items will be in your spare parts kit.
4. Unroll your boat and remove all packing from the hull and valves, transom, etc.
5. Inflate the chambers and keel without the floorboards, leave for at least a half hour to “stretch”. This allows for easy assembly the first time (easier anyway), the first time assembly is the toughest.
6. Deflate the hull and place first two bow boards into the boat in their correct positions.
7. Install transom floorboard.
8. Install remaining middle floorboard overlapping the transom board, then make a “tent” by lifting the transom and middle floorboards up so the pieces mate at the joints. After you have the tent up push down at the point and make all floorboards flat.
9. Install the stringers on both sides
10. Inflate and install oars and seat (note install seat bench before boat is at pressure or it will be extremely hard to place the bench after)
The keel is the last chamber to inflate.