Become a part of the World’s Senior Zodiac Sales team! At Inflatable Boat Center, we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live…Dream…Work the adventure! Inflatable Boat Center has an opening for a full-time Customer Sales-Service Representative in the Zodiac Sales Department at our Portland, Oregon retail store. We have been in business since1973 and have grown to serve the needs of not only recreational boater and fishermen but also fire departments, search & rescue, sheriff departments and military personnel throughout the region. An authorized warranty station for Avon, Zodiac, Bombard and 5-StarYamaha outboard dealer, we work hard on establishing our customer’s mission so we can be sure to recommend the right product.
Pay: On a monthly salary basis.
Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm, Tuesday-Saturday
Location: Our retail center in SE Portland
Assist our customers in determining the correct inflatable boat and motor to fulfill their mission when they come in; show product in our 6,000 square foot, well-stocked showroom; and to pick up their unit by explaining and demonstrating the operation of the boat, motor and trailer. Position is additionally responsible for checking in boats when they are delivered to the dealership; also receiving boats and motors for repair.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant, productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Prepare daily delivery schedules for that day’s assignments. Inspect all boats scheduled for delivery and report the condition of the unit on a checklist to the Service Manager.
~Verify unit’s serial number and confirm all accessories have been installed.
~Check all rigging and mounting instructions against the work order for proper installation.
~Contact the customer with questions or delays in the order; confirm the delivery date and time.
- Inspect the detailing of units prior to delivery.
~Stage units for delivery at the scheduled times of pick-up.
~Greet customers at time of delivery; complete sales and/or service paperwork for completion of delivery.
~Explain to customer how the unit operates and where accessories have been installed.
~Complete warranty process.
- Place follow-up call to the customer within one week of delivery.
~Greet delivery drivers to help unload new units received at the dealership.
~Check in duties on each unit.
- Assist with physical inventories.
- Will be required to serve as Service Writer and/or Warranty Coordinator.
- Maintain a clean, professional work area.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Well-established sales experience with preference for business-to-consumer background. Preference given for experience working with Zodiac and Yamaha marine products. Experience working with fire departments, Fish & Game, police departments or the military a plus.
- 2+ years experience with inflatable boats preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures, such as discounts or percentages and make change for customers.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates. Must have good phone etiquette.
- Very outgoing and able to effectively connect with all types of personalities.
- Highly organized
- Self-Starter, able to effectively see opportunities or issues and address these matters.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, coworkers and customers.
- Well-adapted to various computer systems with preference given for Point-of-Sale (POS), Service and Parts ordering systems. Should be familiar with Outlook, Adobe and Excel. Experience with Lightspeed a plus.
- Experience working with inflatable boats in the marine environment preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods sometimes on moving vessels
- Ability to lift +50Lbs. regularly
- Ability to obtain a Oregon Boater Safety Card within 30 days of hiring
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inflatable Boat Center has a very active Web sales site that gives us an opportunity to speak to potential customers from all over the USA and answer questions, both on sales and service at www.inflatableboats.com.
Inflatable Boat Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Inflatable Boat Center shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities, where military skills and experience may be applied.
Inflatable Boat Center works with and services many different types of accounts from customers who are looking for a family outing, fishing, diving and other activities to professional customers such as USCG, NOAA and other commercial users using both Zodiac and Zodiac MILPRO products.
- Sick time
- Discount on company products
- AFLAC self-insurance – Long-term; Short-term Disability in which IBC pays 50%